A total of up to £300,000, inclusive of VAT, is allocated to phase 1.
Phase 1 feasibility study R&D contracts will be up to £50,000, inclusive of VAT, for each project for up to three months. Innovate UK expect to fund up to six projects.
In Phase 2, up to two contracts will be awarded to organisations chosen from the successful phase 1 participants. Up to £900,000, inclusive of VAT, will be allocated for each contract in phase 2, to develop a prototype and undertake field testing for up to 12 months.
The total funding available for the competition can change. The funders have the right to:
- Adjust the provisional funding allocations between the phases
- Apply a ‘portfolio’ approach
Research and development
Your application must have at least 50% of the contract value attributed directly and exclusively to R&D services, including solution exploration and design. R&D can also include prototyping and field-testing the product or service. This lets you incorporate the results of your exploration and design and demonstrate that you can produce in quantity to acceptable quality standards.
R&D does not include:
- Commercial development activities such as quantity production
- Supply to establish commercial viability or to recover R&D costs
- Integration, customisation or incremental adaptations and improvements to existing products or processes
SBRI competitions involve procurement of R&D services at a fair market value and are not subject to state aid criteria that typically apply to grant funding.
Innovate UK will not fund projects that:
- Prevent the release of pollutants rather than extracting them from the atmosphere
- Focus on extracting pollutants which have no demonstrated health impact
- Generate more harmful pollutants than are removed
- Result in a significant negative overall environmental impact
Cresco Innovation works with companies to develop and implement innovation strategies. We help client companies identify opportunities to develop new products and services, and then create a package of support to ensure that the idea is turned into a commercial reality.
Our services include securing grants (as a team we have raised around £40million over three years), business planning, IP advice, access to finance and funders, project management and IP commercialisation support.
We regularly act as the interface with the funding bodies and help clients ensure that their projects are properly managed to ensure the best outcome for all.