Organisations can apply for a share of £300,000, inclusive of VAT, to support HS2 through innovation in construction and design.
Projects are expected to:
- Start by 1 March 2021
- End by 31 May 2021
- Last up to three months
To lead a project, you can:
- Be an organisation of any size
- Work alone or with other organisations as subcontractors
Contracts will be awarded only to a single legal entity. However, if you can justify subcontracting components of the work, you can employ specialist consultants or advisers. This work will still be the responsibility of the main contractor.
Innovate UK will not fund projects that:
- Are not likely to be successfully exploited by the rail industry to deliver benefits to rail infrastructure clients or contractors
- Do not create a significant change in the level of innovation available in the rail industry
- Do not meet the needs of the competition challenges
- Do not demonstrate a significant return on investment on the end solution
- Have a lead time for feasible realisation greater than three years
- Develop solutions already commercially available
Cresco Innovation works with companies to develop and implement innovation strategies. We help client companies identify opportunities to develop new products and services, and then create a package of support to ensure that the idea is turned into a commercial reality.
Our services include securing grants (as a team we have raised around £40million over three years), business planning, IP advice, access to finance and funders, project management and IP commercialisation support.
We regularly act as the interface with the funding bodies and help clients ensure that their projects are properly managed to ensure the best outcome for all.