Georgia joined Cresco during the midst of the 2020 coronavirus pandemic but quickly settled in and, most notably, immediately demonstrated her flair for bid writing.
Having previously worked in the Marketing & Advancement department at Loughborough University in the Alumni Engagement team – her first graduate role since completing her degree in history and international relations – Georgia came on board with us as a proposal writer.
That role sees her working alongside her colleagues to develop funding applications for clients. This involves learning about the client’s innovation, conducting research around the subject area and writing the application questions.
One of Georgia’s biggest strengths is writing. It is something she has always enjoyed, and she was able to expand on her skill throughout her time at university. She would also consider her ability to adapt as another of her key attributes.
The opportunity to continually learn about new, innovative ideas in a range of different subject areas is something Georgia really thrives on at Cresco. “I often learn about subjects that I would not have otherwise had the opportunity to – it makes every day interesting and exciting,” she says.
Georgia adds: “I think the positive, close-knit working environment at Cresco helps us stand out from other companies. Staff members are regularly given opportunities to work with one another on different projects, which not only gives you the chance to get to know each other but also allows you to learn from a wide range of people.”
What you may not know about Georgia
- If Georgia could go back in time, she would – “either go back to visit my grandparents when they were young, or back to 2019 for a pre-covid life!”
- Georgia’s first-ever job was as a waitress at the Director’s Hall at Leicester City’s King Power Stadium
- Georgia can play both the flute and the guitar, albeit not at the same time!
- If she could learn a new skill, Georgia would love to be fluent in another language
- Outside of work, Georgia has a passion for travel – “I love exploring new places and learning about different cultures”