Innovate UK has allocated £180,000 to this Expression of Interest (EoI) stage of the competition to fund data gathering projects, that will support a full stage application. Innovate UK expect to take up to 12 projects to full stage.
You can apply for £15,000 grant at this EoI stage to complete background data gathering and relationship building necessary to create an application for the full stage competition.
If your application is not requesting funding, you must still complete the EoI stage application with the information requested.
Up to £13.6million has been allocated to fund projects at the Full Stage of the competition.
For your full stage project, your total eligible project costs must be more than £5million. There is no upper limit to your full stage total eligible project costs.
You must be eligible to claim grant funding of between £2.5 to £3.5million against your total eligible project costs.
The total grant for the full stage project must be less than 50% of your total eligible project costs.
At the full stage, Innovate UK may consider the purchase of capital equipment as an eligible project cost in large-scale commercial demonstration projects.
This capital purchase would be allowed only if they enable more energy efficient processing or more efficient recycling or re-use activities. You should get in touch with the Challenge team for clarity on the eligibility of your proposed capital costs.
If you are applying for an award funded under European Commission Regulations, the definitions are set out in the European Commission Recommendation of 6 May 2003.
Innovate UK are not funding projects for this EoI stage that:
- Focus on fuel switching or greenhouse gas capture technology
- Do not focus on foundation industries and their immediate supply chains
- Respond only to the skills needs of foundation industries
- Are capital or infrastructure projects
- Involve primary production in fishery and aquaculture
- Involve primary production in agriculture
- Are not allowed under De minimis regulation restrictions
- Are not allowed under Special Drawing Rights (SDR)
- Have activities relating to the purchase of road freight transport
- Are dependent on export performance – for example giving an award to a baker on the condition that they export a certain quantity of bread to another country
- Are dependent on domestic inputs usage – for example giving an award to a baker on the condition that they use 50% UK flour in their product
Cresco Innovation works with companies to develop and implement innovation strategies. We help client companies identify opportunities to develop new products and services, and then create a package of support to ensure that the idea is turned into a commercial reality.
Our services include securing grants (as a team we have raised around £40million over three years), business planning, IP advice, access to finance and funders, project management and IP commercialisation support.
We regularly act as the interface with the funding bodies and help clients ensure that their projects are properly managed to ensure the best outcome for all.