Innovate UK have allocated up to £8million to fund research and development projects in this competition.
For research organisation-led projects, 100% of project costs can be claimed at 80% FEC.
If the majority of your organisation’s work on the project is commercial or economic, your funding request must not exceed the limits below. These limits apply even if your organisation normally acts non-economically.
For industry-led projects, you could get funding for your eligible project costs of:
- Up to 80% if you are a micro or small organisation
- Up to 80% if you are a medium-sized organisation
- Up to 50% if you are a large organisation
If you are applying for an award funded under State aid Regulations, the definitions are set out in the European Commission Recommendation of 6 May 2003.
Please note that the research participation section below only applies to industry-led research projects.
The research organisations undertaking non-economic activity as part of the project can share up to 50% of the total eligible project costs. If your consortium contains more than one research organisation undertaking non-economic activity, this maximum is shared between them.
Of that 50% you could get funding for your eligible project costs of up to:
- 80% of full economic costs (FEC) if you are a Je-s registered institution such as an academic
- 100% of your eligible project costs if you are a Research Technology Organisation, charity, non-profit organisation, public sector organisation or research organisation
Innovate UK are not funding projects that are:
- Developments which do not deliver benefit to a software developer
- Not making use of, enable software targeting or benefitting from capability enabled hardware as made available by the Morello board
- Requiring enhancement of additional hardware capabilities, for example, accelerators
- Developments that do not clearly require a platform level processor, for example, it supports a memory management unit
- Dependent on export performance, for example giving a subsidy to a baker on the condition that it exports a certain quantity of bread to another country
- Dependent on domestic inputs usage, for example giving a subsidy to a baker on the condition that it uses 50% UK flour in their product
Cresco Innovation works with companies to develop and implement innovation strategies. We help client companies identify opportunities to develop new products and services, and then create a package of support to ensure that the idea is turned into a commercial reality.
Our services include securing grants (as a team we have raised around £40million over three years), business planning, IP advice, access to finance and funders, project management and IP commercialisation support.
We regularly act as the interface with the funding bodies and help clients ensure that their projects are properly managed to ensure the best outcome for all.