Innovate UK have allocated up to £1.5million to fund innovation projects in this competition.
If your organisation’s work on the project is mostly commercial or economic, your funding request must not exceed the limits below. These limits apply even if your organisation normally acts non-economically.
For experimental development projects which are nearer to market, you could get funding for your eligible project costs of:
- Up to 45% if you are a micro or small organisation
- Up to 35% if you are a medium-sized organisation
- Up to 25% if you are a large organisation
For industrial research projects, you could get funding for your eligible project costs of:
- Up to 70% if you are a micro or small organisation
- Up to 60% if you are a medium-sized organisation
- Up to 50% if you are a large organisation
The research organisations undertaking non-economic activity as part of the project can share up to 30% of the total eligible project costs. If your consortium contains more than one research organisation undertaking non-economic activity, this maximum is shared between them.
Innovate UK are not funding projects that are:
- New or early stage automated driving systems which have not yet been tested on UK roads under the Code of Practice
- Projects creating or developing automated vehicle related tools, such as simulation packages, test equipment, etc
- Automated driving systems intended primarily for off-road applications such as mining and construction
- Durability and reliability trials which do not progress the technology beyond the current level
- Projects focused on the commercial aspects of a potential automated vehicle service
- Dependent on export performance – for example giving a subsidy to a baker on the condition that they export a certain quantity of bread to another country
- Dependent on domestic inputs usage – for example if it was insisted that a baker use 50% UK flour in their product
Cresco Innovation works with companies to develop and implement innovation strategies. We help client companies identify opportunities to develop new products and services, and then create a package of support to ensure that the idea is turned into a commercial reality.
Our services include securing grants (as a team we have raised around £40million over three years), business planning, IP advice, access to finance and funders, project management and IP commercialisation support.
We regularly act as the interface with the funding bodies and help clients ensure that their projects are properly managed to ensure the best outcome for all.